Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I thought I was done, but this is one of those stories that is definitely a Moment Worth Remembering...

Emeline is FUNNY. Really, she is. She cracks me up. She even cracks Bill up, and this man of mine is not the easiest to amuse, let me tell you. But really, Emmie is a silly, fun-loving little girl.

The following is one example of her silliness.

First of all, let me preface this by saying that I have *NO* earthly idea where she gets some of her crazy ideas, but clearly, they occur in abundance. And if you are reading this, and you are either related to me, or knew me growing up, this would NOT be the appropriate time or place to share any incriminating tales of crazy ideas that you have knowledge of, from my own childhood. Pretty please.

One silly little quirk in particular that I want to be sure NOT to forget is her latest "prep routine." I call it her "prep routine" because any time you *ask* her to do something, she does this little montage of movements. (If you don't ask her to do something, and she just does it on her own, then she doesn't do the whole "prep routine." But if you ask her to do ANYTHING, she has apparently decided that if her performing an action is preceded by a request, that the "prep routine" is required. At least I think so, anyway...)

How, why, when, or where she learned or came up with any of "the moves," I have NO idea. If I had a video camera that would actually load the video onto my computer, I would download it for your viewing pleasure, but for now, I can only enjoy it on my camera, and try to describe the scenario for you as best I can. So on to the description...

First, she rubs her hands together, like she's trying to warm her hands in the winter.
Next, she rubs her second and third fingertips with her thumbs on each hand respectively.
Then, she blows on those fingers as if they were candles she was blowing out.
Finally, she licks her index finger of her right hand, and then swipes that finger ALL the way across her forehead.

And THAT, my friends, is "the prep routine."

While I have seen it many, MANY times, tonight was the first time Bill observed it. He said, "Barbie, you have GOT to see what Emma just did."
I said, "Did you ask her to do something?"
He said, "Yes, but before she did it, she did this whole weird routine with her hands."
I just laughed.
He said, "Did you teach her that?"
I stopped laughing.
"What do you think?"
"Well, she didn't come up with that on her own, did she?"
"Actually, she did."
"Why does she do it?"
"I have no idea."

And so the story goes. The wonderful, crazy, silly story of our life with a girl named Emeline. A life filled with so many wonderful moments worth remembering. We are so blessed. And often, amused. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I hope you can find a way to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That HAS to come from Sponge Bob! If not, she should be a writer for the show! LOL

    ReplyDelete